C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

i everyone, My name is William and I am recent graduate with a Dual major in AMS/Mat with a minor in computer science

Objective: Earn a certificate in order to get into graduate school and improve my skills. I need as much certifications if I am to make it.

Programming Experience: Experience in Java, Python and R

Current Work: Unemployed

Intended pace: Try to finish by the end of this Summer.

Hello All,

Objective: Learn C++ and begin a new career
Programming Experience: None
Current Work: Income Technology Analyst for a Consulting firm
Intended Pace: Aggressive, as I would like to complete the course that follows prior to the end of the summer

Hello All,

Objective: Learn C++ and begin a new career
Programming Experience: None
Current Work: Income Technology Analyst for a Consulting firm
Intended Pace: Aggressive, as I would like to complete the course that follows prior to the end of the summer
Think of it as a 10,000 m race, not a sprint. Begin with the end in mind and work backwards to now.

Hi, I am an Eco and Stats student in UofT.

Objective: Prepare for applying FE program for the graduate school

Programming Exp.: STAT, SAS

Current Work: UofT undergraduate

Intended pace: Wish to finish the course before my school final exams

Hi all, my name is Sharon.

Objective: Learn C++ and well prepare for the incoming MFE program

Programming Experience: Python, R, Stata

Current Work: Incoming summer analyst at an investment bank

Intended Pace: try to complete by the end of summer

Hi, my name is Tendo.

Objective: Learn relevant C++ for admission of financial engineering job

Programming experience: VBA

Current work: Actuarial Analyst

Intended pace: Not sure so far but trying to acquire as much knowledge as I can

Hi, my name is Jay

Objective: Learn C++, with relevant numerical analysis applications to Finance. Prepare for MFE admissions

Programming experience: Matlab (Mainly just for solving ODE's numerically)

Current work: Chemical Engineering undergrad

Intended pace: By the time next school year starts

Hello, My name is Karan Dhir.

Objective: Learn C++ for Financial Engineering, would like to apply for MFE. Need to develop skills in C++ longterm goal is to do algo trading.

Programming experience: No programming experience as such as I was from a liberal arts college, will be the one asking most questions: sorry for that in advance.

Current work: Math, Econ Double Major Wesleyan University'19. Founded two startups: College Quest, Snack Cart

Intended pace: Within 2 months from now hopefully.

Hello, My name is Karan Dhir.

Objective: Learn C++ for Financial Engineering, would like to apply for MFE. Need to develop skills in C++ longterm goal is to do algo trading.

Programming experience: No programming experience as such as I was from a liberal arts college, will be the one asking most questions: sorry for that in advance.

Current work: Math, Econ Double Major Wesleyan University'19. Founded two startups: College Quest, Snack Cart

Intended pace: Within 2 months from now hopefully.
No problem! Lots of questions welcome :-)

Hello everyone, my name is Charles Dotson.

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs and to improve my skills and knowledge.

Programming experience: VBA

Current work: Undergraduate student at Hofstra University major in finance and minor in math.

Intended pace of program: Will be finishing my studies part time this coming fall and will be trying to finish the course around 3 months.

Hi everyone,

Objective: I started this journey way back in 2015 but ultimately pulled out of consideration for the various MFE programs I had applied to due to some life circumstances. No matter how much time passes, I can't stop thinking about this. So I am back with a vengeance and intend to use this course as the launching point to my career in computational finance.

Programming Exp.: Java

Current Work: Strategic finance and Master of Computer Science

Intended pace: I'd like to complete the course in 10 weeks from today.

Hi, my name is Thomas and I am 2.5 years removed from undergrad. Studied finance, but I am determined to make the transition to quant finance.

Objective: Learn C++ as a prerequisite for MFE applications

Programming Experience: Experience in R, Python, SAS

Current Work: Model Validation

Intended pace: Finish by the end of summer

Back